A Thyme to Celebrate includes tidbits of information about the Tallahassee community. Additionally you will find sidebars that describe “thyme” saving techniques in the kitchen, ways to lighten up your meal and wine pairings.
Try this recipe tonight:
Artichoke Chicken Casserole
|3 whole chicken breasts, cut into halves, skinned and boned||1 (14-once) can water-pack artichoke hearts|
|Salt and lemon pepper to taste||1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced|
|All-purpose flour for dredging||3 cups chicken stock|
|Extra-virgin olive oil for browning||1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved|
|2 bunches scallions, chopped||1/2 cup parsley, chopped|
|1 green bell pepper, chopped||1 (10-ounce) package yellow rice mix|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and lemon pepper. Dredge in flour to coat.
- Brown the chicken in olive oil in a skillet. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Sauté the scallions and bell pepper in the drippings in the skillet. Add the artichoke hearts and mushrooms. Add 1 cup of the chicken stock and the tomatoes.
- Arrange the chicken in a 3-quart baking dish. Pour the vegetable mixture over the chicken. Sprinkle with the parsley.
- Bake, covered with foil, for 40 to 50 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Prepare the rice using the package directions, substitute chicken stock for the water.
- Serve the chicken over the rice.